Not every set of braces requires round the clock maintenance, but rather a modest amount of effort to ensure they do not fall into disrepair or go neglected for long periods of time. Just like your teeth and gums, braces will need to be cleaned and cared for. For a list of guidelines concerning cleaning braces, consider this:
– To thoroughly serve your smile, schedule meetings and routine checkups with your orthodontist in Vancouver, Washington, to ensure your orthodontic care is going along smoothly.
– If your standard floss does not easily work with your braces, try switching to a water flosser to ensure your teeth will continue to get the care they require.
– To thoroughly ensure your braces will function properly, clean and disinfect your retainer at least once weekly.
– In order to best serve your braces, avoid foods that can easily get ensnared between your braces and teeth and become difficult to remove.
– Do not attempt to repair the damage on your own if a piece of your braces breaks off.
To prevent contaminated orthodontic braces, make sure you are following the proper treatment techniques for a healthy smile that can last a lifetime. If you would like Dr. Constance Brown and our team to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please contact us at 360-256-7220. Now is the best time to upgrade your smile.