You’ve just heard the three words that every teen dreads: “YOU NEED BRACES!” Don’t worry! Braces aren’t nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
How long will I have to wear braces?
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on three key factors:
- Early treatment — Early treatment allows orthodontists to monitor the growth of the jaw and recommend further orthodontic treatment if it becomes necessary. Not everybody receives early orthodontic treatment; in some cases it may be recommended that a patient wait to receive treatment.
- What needs correction — The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently. While it may take one patient only 18 months to complete treatment, it may take another patient 24 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances your orthodontist gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances, come to appointments regularly and keep your teeth clean; this truly will help make your treatment shorter!
Braces Your Way!
Constance M. Brown DDS, Orthodontics Exclusively offers a variety of braces, types and styles, to choose from. Have fun with colors and shapes. Some great options include:
- Ceramic braces
- Traditional silver and gold metal braces
- Invisalign® Teen
- Wild Smiles® shapes – hearts, stars, flowers, footballs, soccer balls, and more!
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many people your age. While braces may have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good! We have lots of colors to choose from! You may change your colors every appointment. Your braces can look different every 6 weeks. Check out our color planner to get an idea of how we can style your smile!
Earn points on your reward card for doing a lot of different things both inside and outside our office. Get rewarded for doing a great job brushing and flossing, coming to appointments, wearing your elastics, going to the dentist, getting good grades – and much more. Trade your points in for gift cards of your choice.
We would love to have you as our patient! Please contact our practice at 360-256-7220 to schedule your orthodontic appointment with Dr. Constance Brown at one of our conveniently located offices in Vancouver, Washington.